Thursday, April 30, 2015

Closer!

Evangelist Steve Hill had great admiration for his mentor, Leonard Ravenhill. Just before Ravenhill died in 1994, he motioned to Steve, "Come closer....Closer! No, still closer!!" Until Steve's ear was next to his face.

"God has secrets, and He wants to share them with you, but He doesn't shout His secrets," Steve heard him whisper.

The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning.
Psalm 25:14 Amplified Bible

Steve Hill died in March, 2014.

3 comments :

Theresa said...

I am listening, Lord please whisper to me! Have a blessed day dear friends, HUGS!

Ginny said...

I love this story. What a wise and wonderful thing he whispered to him. Have I told you how much I love your pink dogwood and pink checkered background?

Pamela said...

Ravenhill taught me so much through his writings. My ear is close to the heart of God...now to listen...