Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Bring to Remembrance

Psalm 119:105
Shortly before His death and resurrection, Jesus made this promise:
The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My Name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.
John 14:26 NASB

I remember my Sunday School teachers when I was a child teaching us every Sunday. They told about Zacchaeus climbing up the sycamore tree to get a glimpse of Jesus as He passed by, and Paul writing letters from his prison cell that would make up almost half of the new testament.

My teachers have all gone on to Heaven now, but I wish I could tell them that I really did hear some of the lessons and still treasure those memory verses they had us recite. I can picture Mrs. Cleo playing the upright piano singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children".

Lord, Help us as we encourage our children and grandchildren to make Your Word come alive for them while they are young. Thank you that, just as You did for us, You will bring Your words to their remembrance through life's joys and trials.

6 comments :

Mildred said...

We were blessed to have parents who took us to church and to have Godly teachers, both at church and school in those days. Wishing you a nice day.

NanaDiana said...

I remember those things, too, Karen. We had several years of those felt board stories, too. I loved those. Moses in the bulrushes is one that has always stuck in my mind..and Joseph with his coat of many colors. And the children's songs...too.
Lovely post- xo Diana

Arlene said...

I have many of the same memories of Sunday School Karen! How simple in comparison with today's Sunday School for children but so effective!!

Ginny said...

I guess most of my teachers have passed on, too. One of my best friends was our son's Sunday School teacher 35 years ago.

Theresa said...

A couple of my childhood teachers are still living and I always love when I get to see them! I love that story about Zacchaeus climbing up the sycamore tree! We had a sycamore tree at my family home! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Daisy said...

I have many memories from lessons learned in Sunday School too. Nice post.

Blog Archive