Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Word of God

Mother memorized Bible verses and chapters as a child. She could still quote them perfectly even after her memory began to fail, and she would sing all the verses to many hymns.
I still use Daddy's Bible, and it warms my heart to come across a passage he underlined, or an answer to prayer written in the margin.
What a precious Christian heritage we have in America. Missionary friends tell us how dear the gift of a Bible is to some of the refugees in the camps in the Middle East. Many are responding to the message of salvation.



3 comments :

Ginny said...

It is wonderful to inherit a family member's bible and see the passages they marked! I have many bibles, all different translations. I use different ones for different things. Each one is edifying in it's own right. What is your favorite translation? It may be cool to do a post about it! About your childlike heart post below. I believe that means to have faith and trust like a child will. No deceit and always honest and say what they mean.

CatTales said...

We often take our freedoms for granted. I know as I have grown older, Bible verses and hymn lyrics have given me much comfort and hope. Wishing you a good evening.

NanaDiana said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog, Karen. That was pretty interesting and I had never heard that about the birth being in Spring before.

I have always admired people like your Mom that could memorize whole passages like that. I can do it to poetry-I think because of the cadence of it-but not other things. xo Diana

Blog Archive