Saturday, March 28, 2015

Beauty

Grandmother had a dressing table in her bedroom with a big oval mirror. On each side were drawers filled with clip-on earrings, beads, and pretty pastel scarves. She even let me play with her lipstick and rouge. Grandmother's house was a little girl's dream come true when it came to playing dress-up. I would look in that mirror and dream of being a beauty contestant riding on a float in the annual parade. (still waiting...LOL)

As I get older, I look at beauty with different eyes. I think of one lady in the nursing home whose mind was keen, but could not move her arms or legs, yet her smile brightened the day of every nurse, visitor, and resident who stopped by her bed. She possessed the kind of beauty that never fades.

Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, 
so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. 
And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: 
Psalm 90:14,17a

2 comments :

Mildred said...

I saw a dressing table like grandma's the other day at the antique store.
This is a beautiful verse.

Daisy said...

Wonderful post!

Blog Archive