Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Intently Watching

Wait calmly for God alone, my soul,

    because my hope comes from him

Psalm 62:5
A friend at Bible Study pointed out that "wait" in the passage we were studying, didn't mean to be resigned and passive; it meant to watch intently like a cat getting ready to POUNCE!

I remember waiting for Daddy to come home when I was a child. I would ride my bike around the corner and wait for him to come into view as he was driving home from work...at exactly 6:15! Then I would pedal as hard as I could up the hill and try to beat him into the driveway. ( I suspect he let me win!) I knew I could count on a wink and a smile as I told him all about my day.

So, next time I read "wait on the Lord", I will realize that God is delighted to see His children eagerly watching and waiting for Him.

3 comments :

Lady Jane said...

I love your story of waiting on your daddy and how you related it to your study.

Joy said...

That is a very timely reminder:) Waith with gladness and eagerness. Pretty exciting!

Daisy said...

I like this. Well written story. :)