Sunday, February 22, 2015

Fear or Faith

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I'll be honest. I read about attacks, social unrest, crime and terror threats, and sometimes I want to just hide away. At times I let worry distract me from even praying.

One of my favorite Bible teachers, John Paul Jackson, passed away this past week. I listened this morning to his sermon, "How God Kills Fear". God planned that we would be here at this time in history and He is not shocked at the problems that confront us. He is able to carry us until He carries us home.

Lord Jesus, 
Don't let my love for you and for others grow cold. Through Your Holy Spirit, give me grace to pray for our enemies and to trust that You are my life. In my weakness, be my strength.

7 comments :

Patsy said...

It really takes a lot of prayer to over come fear of what we hear this day and time.

Joy said...

I can realte to what you feel and I say AMen to your prayer. Good to know that we have God's words and have still brother and sisters in Christ who reminds us that God is still in control!

Ginny said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog! The world is getting more and more evil. But this is what the bible predicts. Maybe it means the end times are near? But no one will know when Jesus will return, it will shock so many non Christians. I remember growing up in the fifties, it was so lovely and wonderful! Kids had respect for their teachers and other adults and we could eave our doors unlocked. There were no drugs either.

Karen said...

Yes, it seems like a different world than in the 50's. Now it seems like political correctness doesn't want to offend anyone except God.

Saleslady371 said...

I feel frozen sometimes when I hear of all the torture. And I'm still having a hard time with John Paul's passing, Karen. I wanted to listen to his CD about the names of God yesterday and I just couldn't. I recorded his teachings and loved his gentle ministry. I'll miss him.

Lady Jane said...

It is scary times we are a living right now. The storms, droughts, fires, the terrorists like Isis and others and the nuts running around our world taking human life as if it were absolutely nothing. Thank God He gave us His Word to help us through.

Daisy said...

Such a reassuring passage from scripture. Thank you!

Blog Archive