Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Nickel and Two Pennies

As I went to buy a Cola, I saw a nickel and two pennies in the coin return of the soda machine. What on earth would anyone hope to buy with that? I wondered. Okay, Lord, this is so unusual. Are You saying something to me through this? At home later, I began to read the story where a small boy gave Jesus all that he had, which was not nearly enough; two fish and five loaves could not feed five thousand men. But, Jesus accepted it joyfully.

Jesus looked up to heaven and blessed it, broke it, and gave it to the disciples to hand out. Jesus performed the miracle of enough...and twelve baskets of left overs.

The nickel and the pennies reminded me that Jesus takes what seems impossibly insufficient and works miracles that I cannot imagine. It is not up to me to make things work; it is up to Him. When I admit that I'm less than enough, then He has an opportunity to be more than enough. When I hand things over to Him, He blesses, breaks and then distributes the abundance. Isn't it interesting that when He broke the bread, it multiplied.

I need to remember that sometimes when things seem to be breaking, that is because Jesus is trying to help me see Him as Jehovah Jireh, my provider. More than enough for every need.

4 comments :

Joy said...

Thanks for the reminder too. I need those words.

Theresa said...

Thanks for this lesson this morning! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Doris said...

Trust is a hard lesson at times. But we have this promise....HE IS ALWAYS ENOUGH!
Blessings to you today!

Daisy said...

More than enough--yes, great lesson here.