Monday, January 26, 2015

PARDONED

"Perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes

That moment from Jesus a pardon receives."


Fanny Crosby (1820-1915)


Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.
Micah 7:18

I met a lady in a store and we were looking at stuffed animals. We got to talking about our children, and she also had a young child who had died. Suddenly she asked me, "How can I know that I will see my child again in Heaven?"

The Holy Spirit brought to my mind the account of the repentant thief on the cross next to Jesus. (Luke 23:43) He did not do anything to earn eternal life. It was a free gift just because he believed in Jesus' promise of forgiveness.

Thank You, Jesus, for pardoning me!

3 comments :

Daisy said...

What a precious gift it is!

Joy said...

I am glad that I am forgiven too!

L. D. said...

I had a book written by Fanny Crosby read to me over the radio. She was a special woman.