Friday, January 2, 2015

Facing Forward

Jesus called the unbelieving leaders of his day "stiffnecked". Maybe they got a crick in their neck from looking backwards. "We've never done it this way before!" 

All the time, Jesus Messiah, who is the first and the last, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, was standing right in front of them.

I confess that I often look back and wish things had worked out differently in my life. There were mistakes, disappointments and setbacks I wish had been avoided. I cannot fix the past, but God can redeem the past and use me for His glory even now....especially now!

Psalm 25:5
Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day

3 comments :

Daisy said...

I think we all have regrets over mistakes from the past. Beautiful verse from Psalms.

Theresa said...

Happy New Year dear Karen! I hope it will be a Happy and Healthy year for you and your family! HUGS!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, I think we all have these same thoughts, as we all know hindsight is 20/20
But the best part is that God knows the end from the beginning and He is still working for us!
May you find a greater Joy and Peace in this New Year! And I hope you will blog more often as I have missed your post!
Hugs, Roxy