Saturday, January 17, 2015

AHA! moment


As I was reading Proverbs 3:5-6. I wondered what it means to "in all your ways acknowledge God".
I thought about how I love to send cards to loved ones who live out of state, and how much it thrills and encourages me when they let me know they received them and liked them. It makes me look forward to sending more!

I thought that maybe our Heavenly Father is also blessed when I notice all the good things that come my way, and stop to give Him thanks!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

8 comments :

Susie said...

Hi Karen, I love this picture. I too love to send out cards of love or encouragement. I mail them to my old neighbors that I miss and love, to my mom's friends that are left in this world. You know your previous post...oh gee, that made me think of mommy, she worried all the time. I try to pray on things that make worry for me. Because I know we are to hand our cares over to God...but oh my , I inherited my mom's big old worry gene...I pray, but still worry some. I know that God has the world in his hands. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Theresa said...

I love to send and receive cards! I have been cleaning out in my house and finding cards that I kept because they were special! Thanks for sharing this AHA moment with me... made me think:) Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

Joy said...

Oh! How nice of you to send cards;)
thanks for the inspiration;)

Nonnie said...

Love this post because I too am a person who loves to send little notes to others and the same thought occurred to me some time back. I like to write little notes to God in my journal.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, I am just now doing a word study on this verse in James!
How are You?
Missing YOU!
Love, Roxy

L. D. said...

That is a wonderful image that you are sharing. Yes knowing that God is listening at all times and we should be more grateful at all times. You blog is a blessing.

Daisy said...

I like this comparison, Karen! It makes the point well. :)

Cattails said...

I love the cards you share with me, especially the hand-made ones and I appreciate the thought you put into each one. It thrills me to open the mailbox and see your handwriting!