Tuesday, January 20, 2015

19 years ago

My  son died in January, 19 years ago, from severe heart problems. He was three years old, but never able to walk or crawl.

I dreamed recently that I saw Caleb in Heaven. Those of you who have loved ones with special needs will understand how special this dream was to me.

I saw him (as he was at age 3 years) sitting in the floor playing with his ball. Then Jesus said to him, "Show Mommy what you can do!" He gave me a big grin and hopped to his feet and began to run and play.

My son Cameron (now 28)  recently said to me, "In Heaven the Bible says we will be given a new name. I believe God has created a unique song from the name He will give us that He will sing over us the first time we see Him face to face."

We will see Him face to face
And tell the story "saved by grace"!

Fanny Crosby

8 comments :

Cattails said...

What a precious photo. May God bless you with special memories of Caleb.

Theresa said...

I know that was a dream you didn't want to wake up from! What a sweet little one! I am sending you a big hug this morning as you remember that precious Son! He is enjoying Heaven with all of our loved ones gone on before us!

peggy said...

a beautiful dream sent to you and a lovely thought by your son Cameron. I'm so glad I read your post this morning.

Joy said...

Very touching story Karen! I am happy that you had dream of him with Jesus!

L. D. said...

Caleb was a heavenly gift to you for those three years and it is a gift to know that he is in heaven now. Loss is so hard and yet God bless you today giving you comfort during your tears.

Patsy said...

Loss is so hard!

Doris said...

That dream is one not to forget! How precious. May God continue to comfort you during this month of remembering.

Daisy said...

Such a lovely dream! It was a gift to you, I think.