Friday, December 26, 2014

All Your Cares

I have often thought about this verse as a warning not to get involved in evil....things like stealing and murder.

"Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary, the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

Then I realized that the previous sentence reads: "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." 1 Peter 6-7

God's list of evil includes being proud and self-righteous, but also being cowardly. He doesn't want me to be weighed down with shame and fear, for it is God Himself who promises to take care of me.

I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens
Down at Your feet
And anytime I don't know
What to do,
I will cast all my cares
Upon You


3 comments :

KathyB. said...

It is so hard to let go of my cares,goodness knows why because of course God knows what is best for us and how to care for us, and I never seem to remember when it counts, to cast my cares upon Him and rejoice in His glorious love. In spite of this,I do eventually ( I am slow) remember this and when I cast my cares upon Him He DOES work things out. Praise Him.

Maple Lane said...

A lovely post this Sunday morning. Hope you have a nice day.

Wanda said...

Never thought about it that way Karen. Appreciate you sharing this insight. Hope you have a good week. Blessings.