Friday, November 14, 2014

 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help?
 My help cometh from the Lord,
which made heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2
 
We had some very cold, windy days recently just as the autumn color reached its peak. From one day to the next, it seems, the trees shed their colorful leaves.

The wind grew strong,
The temperatures plunged.
Frost sugar-coated the bright maples.
Now there is a carpet of leaves of every hue
Strewn along the path.
The falling leaves paint a picture 
Of how to humble myself
When the whirlwind of adversity blows.
Go low...lower still.
Fall down before the One 
Who humbled Himself
That I might have new life.

Karen Rice


 




5 comments :

Cattails said...

Beautiful poem, Karen.
Wishing you a nice weekend. Stay safe and warm.

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Karen, what a lovely poem, I bet you wrote that! The wind has been blowing! We now have a carpet of deep snow. Please write soon!
Missed you,Roxy

KathyB. said...

Beautiful. I never thought of the falling leaves in this way. Now I will.

Doris said...

It's very cold here in PA too. My hubby is hoping that leaf clean up is soon over....we have an abundance of trees!
Your words of humbling ourselves before our God....beautifully written and so true!
Blessings, Karen!

Daisy said...

Wonderful scripture and lovely verse that you wrote to accompany it. Have a nice week, Karen.