Monday, September 1, 2014

Father Knows Best

One of my favorite TV series from the 1950's was "Father Knows Best"? Whatever the question, the father seemed to have a wise answer.

My son has two stories that prove that our Heavenly Father also knows best. When Cameron had just gotten his drivers license, he saw a homeless person sitting on a curb outside a grocery store. He could not get the man off his mind after he got home. He disappeared into my office and was typing something on the computer. I went to see what he was up to. He was typing out the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ, but he was using a giant bold font. He took the paper and made the trip back to the store. The man was still there, and he was surprised when Cameron handed him the message and told him what God had put on his heart. The man told him that he was visually impaired and could only read very large print.

Another time, Cameron went with a group of college students to share the love of Christ with people in an inner city neighborhood. There was a stack of free Bibles available for them to give away. However, by the time Cameron got to the Bibles, all that was left was a Spanish Bible. Disappointed, he took one anyway and headed out. Wouldn't you know the first family he encountered spoke only Spanish!

Once I worked at a fast food restaurant, where we were instructed to answer the customers with, "It would be my pleasure to help you." I think that, when we are seeking to bring honor to the name of Christ, God answers our prayers with , "It would be my pleasure to help you," even when we are not quite sure what to ask for.

4 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

Such a powerful post.

I love your header photo, too.

Daisy said...

These stories illustrate very well that our Father does indeed know best! He does know what is in our hearts even when we aren't sure what to say. Happy Labor Day. Wishing you a nice week ahead.

Theresa said...

I agree with Mildred:) POWERFUL! Thank you for sharing! HUGS!

Doris said...

And I agree with my friends... Powerful, indeed! Thanks for sharing!