Thursday, August 21, 2014

Don't Fret


 "Don't fret or worry.
Instead of worrying, pray.
Let petitions and praises
shape your worries into prayers,
letting God know your concerns.  
Before you know it,
a sense of God's wholeness,
everything coming together for good,
will come and settle you down.
It's wonderful what happens
when Christ displaces worry
at the center of your life."  
Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)

Lord, Help me not to dwell on past regrets or to dread future challenges, but to rest in Your love, confident in Your eternal care.

4 comments :

bp said...

I needed to read this today. I have some worries on my heart. And need to turn those into prayers.

Blackberry Lane said...

A wonderful verse and prayer.
Wishing you a nice weekend.

Daisy said...

Those are reassuring words in that scripture. Thank you for sharing them, Karen. Have a nice weekend!

Theresa said...

Great advice Karen! I try really hard to rest in HIS love! Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!