Thursday, April 10, 2014

Where Was Jesus?


I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love,
    for you have seen my troubles,
    and you care about the anguish of my soul.

Psalm 31:7 NLT

It is so sad to watch the news. Every day there are tragedies. My heart especially goes out to parents whose children have been the victims of senseless violence.

This week at Bible study, a young woman asked, "Why did Jesus weep for Lazarus when He knew that He would raise him from the dead?"

I think the verse above from Psalms answers that: Jesus cares about our anguish.

People often ask, "Yeah, well where was Jesus when someone was victimized?"

Jesus might answer, "I was on the cross, bearing the pain of the one who was harmed, and also the sin of the perpetrator."


7 comments :

Daisy said...

Food for thought here. That is a reassuring verse.

bp said...

That's an interesting question about Lazarus. That story always makes me think about Jesus' feelings and how he can relate to us in our sadness.

White Lace and Promises said...

Today I began reading the story of Easter. I'm reading now the events that led up to the Resurrection. This is our Hope. Thank you for sharing. I've been laying my burdens at the foot of the cross today. It sure gives me a better perspective.

NanaDiana said...

Great post, Karen. I do think it is hard sometimes when we see people victimized to know that it, too, is part of His plan. xo Diana

Theresa said...

That's a hard question but I know that Jesus is with us even in tragedy! Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Joy said...

Some awakening thoughts. Yes, me too has a lot of questions, but in some way, God let me understand from his words.
Have a nice Sunday :)

KathyB. said...

Humbling , to know I am quick to complain and ask "where are You ?" when I see great tragedies and injustices. But one has to only remember He humbled Himself and took on OUR sins when he died on the cross. He rose again and LIVES , and is here for us.