Monday, February 3, 2014

Thankful to Know the Lord


I will serve Thee because I love Thee
You have given life to me.
I was nothing before You found me,
You have given life to me.
Heartaches, broken pieces,
Ruined lives are why You died on Calvary.
Your touch was what I longed for,
You have given life to me.

William J. and Gloria Gaither


This is what the Lord says:
“Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom,
or the powerful boast in their power,
or the rich boast in their riches.
But those who wish to boast
should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me 

and understand that I am the Lord
who demonstrates unfailing love
and who brings justice 

and righteousness to the earth,
and that I delight in these things.
I, the Lord, have spoken!
Jeremiah 9:23-24

10 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

Beautiful lyrics by the Gaithers.

Hope you stay safe and warm through your severe cold/snow.

Denise said...

Have always loved that song.

Daisy said...

A very good reason to be thankful!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, I must say that if I just think for even a minute, what do I have or have ever done that I could possible boast about??
Nothing ...
Thinking of you!
Blessings, Roxy

Beth said...

Amen!

I love your beautiful tulip background!

NanaDiana said...

Thank you, Karen, for a beautiful post. God bless you this week- xo Diana

Weekend-Windup said...

Lord's words are very beautiful...

whiteangel said...

I came here from Blackberry Lane :)
You have a lovely blog.
Best Wishes.

Theresa said...

Bless you dear Karen! I pray you have a beautifully blessed day, HUGS!

Lynda said...

The Gaithers wrote some great songs! Thank you for always giving us encouraging Scripture.