Friday, February 7, 2014

Quiet Week

I have not been out all week because of the snow and ice.  I live at the top of a hill that has not been cleared. I have been blessed to have a warm place. Thankfully, our electricity stayed on. I know most of the states have been affected by the harsh winter weather.

I have enjoyed reading through Isaiah again, one of my favorite Old Testament books. Here is a favorite verse:

"The mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, But My lovingkindness will not be removed from you, and My covenant of peace will not be shaken," say the Lord who has compassion you you.

8 comments :

Daisy said...

It's been a quiet week here too because of the weather. Beautiful words in that verse. Hope you have a nice weekend!

whiteangel said...

Can't imagine not being out of the house all week. If I had to I would. So you have open fires or combustion heaters?
Keep warm..

Laura Lane said...

That verse is so wonderful.
Of all the folks who have told me that they're snowed in, you take the prize.
Glad you have your utilities.
Enjoy this season, it will pass too quickly.
Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Laura

Denise said...

Glad you are warm, and safe.

Blackberry Lane said...

Beautiful verse.
I know it has been a long week for you and many others due to the extreme weather. Hope you can get out and about soon.

Theresa said...

Stay safe dear Karen! Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Nonnie said...

I love the Book of Isaiah and that verse. Interesting that I posted it early is morning on FB nd then saw it here, too. Ah, peace, womderful peace. Stay Warm.

Lynda said...

It's wonderful to have the option of staying home and being safe in this weather. You have earned it. Like you, I am thankful for the many, many comforts we have.