Saturday, February 15, 2014

In Christ Alone

As you live this new life, we pray that you will be strengthened from God’s boundless resources, so that you will find yourselves able to pass through any experience and endure it with courage. You will even be able to thank God in the midst of pain and distress because you are privileged to share the lot of those who are living in the light. For we must never forget that he [God] rescued us from the power of darkness, and re-established us in the kingdom of his beloved Son, that is, in the kingdom of light. For it is by his Son alone that we have been redeemed and have had our sins forgiven.
Colossians 1:11-14

God has really been speaking to our Bible study group through this song recently. A member of our group is a young mother and wife who has cancer. The doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. Yet she is holding on to her faith in Christ and she has the most beautiful smile, even when she is too weak to sit or speak. Please pray for Esther and her family.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love,
What depths of peace
When fears are stilled,
When strivings cease.
My comforter, my all in all,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

6 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

What a beautiful Bible passage, lyrics and video.
I continue to pray for Esther and her family.

Patty Sumner said...

Karen, how my heart hurts to read of the young Mother with cancer but what assurance we have from God's Word.. it changes everything... FOr Esther to be bold in her faith and to trust God completely is an awesome testimony... How encouraging.. I will pray for her.. I know she is already bringing glory to God in her faith... Thanks for sharing.. Blessings!

Cranberry Morning said...

One of my favorite songs, Karen! He alone is our Hope. Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Denise said...

Precious.

Daisy said...

Prayers for your friend, Karen. Lovely scripture here.

White Lace and Promises said...

I'm so glad I found you. Whew. Just what I needed tonight. I'm already singing these songs. In Christ alone is one of my favorites and we haven't sang it in a while. I'm gonna go study Colosians 1:11-14. Need this.