Friday, February 28, 2014

Impossible?

Got any rivers you think are uncrossable 
Got any mountains you can't tunnel through 
God specializes in things thought impossible 
He does the things others cannot do. 


I woke up with this old chorus on my mind, but couldn't remember all the words. When I looked online, I found the following comment with the lyrics:

My father is Oscar C. Eliason.  Dad wrote the chorus in 1929.  He was dying of TB in a Minneapolis hospital and an elderly minister came by one evening and prayer was offered. The next day be began to improve and he continued to improve to such an extent that the Doctors admitted that something out of the ordinary had happened.  

(I would like to know more of this story!)

7 comments :

Daisy said...

That is a wonderful story! :)

Have a great weekend, Karen!

Blackberry Lane said...

What an awesome testimony.

White Lace and Promises said...

I love this chorus. Haven't heard it in a long time. Sometimes it pops into my head too. It's been awhile. Thanks for the reminder:) I lost you somewhere along the way. Haven't seen you on my blog roll. Will have to see what happened. Thanks for the encouraging word.

Theresa said...

I am so happy that all things are possible in God's hands! Have a blessed day dear Karen, HUGS!

Nonnie said...

I can hear my pastor from years ago signing that song now. I loved it. Thanks.

Doris said...

Wow, beautiful words, wonderful truth...although we have a hard time remembering when we are walking through something hard. Thanks for sharing!!

Mari said...

Hi Karen, Thanks for stopping at my blog. It's nice to meet Mildred's sister!
I haven't heard that song for a long time, but the words are still true. I love the testimony you shared from the writer.