Tuesday, January 21, 2014

No one else can touch my heart like you do


I gave birth to four children and none of them is like the other! Yet I love them all dearly.

When my youngest child died, a friend sang, "There is None Like You" at his funeral. This song meant a lot to me.

Some people mistakenly thought that a parent would love a child less if he was born with defects and serious delays. I loved Caleb with all my heart and he loved me (and everybody he met!)

The lyrics to the song were written for us to sing in worship of our awesome God, but I can imagine that God might sing them to us. After all, each of us is His favorite!

There is none like you.
No one else can touch my heart like you do.
I could search for all eternity long and find
There is none like you.
(In memory of Caleb, 9/29/92 - 1/28/96)

11 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

Caleb touched so many of our lives in a special way and continues to do so through your blog. Such beautiful lyrics. Love you.

Beth said...

What a beautiful song.

Caleb was a special little boy and now he is a special angel.
HUGS!!

living from glory to glory said...

I look forward to meeting him in Glory dear friend! Thinking of you this night xo
I now have met your sister. We are just one close family :)
Blessings, Roxy

Lynda said...

I praise God that you stayed close to HIM even after such a heartache. How do people survive such hard ordeals without Jesus?!! Caleb was fortunate to have such love in his short time on Earth. Thank you for telling us about him.

White Lace and Promises said...

I can't begin to imagine your pain. Losing my baby brother was more than we all could bear. My mama never got over it. I told her in my anger and grief, "I hurt just like you do. He was my baby too." She said, "Honey you don't know what you are saying." After the birth of my first child, I apologized to her. I realized then that I had no idea what she was going through. God bless you and give you peace every day.

Joy said...

Lovely words..
i have four children too and I love tgem all.
have a nice day Karen:)

Stephanie said...

Oh Karen, what a heart-touching post! This is truly a beautiful song, sweet friend. I am so sorry for your loss...it may have been several years ago, but there is always an emptiness there when you lose a loved one. Many blessings to you and hugs!

NanaDiana said...

Karen-That is one of my favorite Christian songs in the world. Just think your wonderful Caleb is with the Lord now and he will be in your arms again one day and welcome you home. He will be Heaven made perfect. xo Diana

KathyB. said...

Beautiful song & lyrics. I did not realize Caleb was so young when God took him home. A little boy who will meet you in Heaven one day and "all our tears will be washed away ".What joy & happiness to come.

Theresa said...

Heaven is enjoying Caleb today and always! He is right there with Jesus! HUGS and prayers coming your way dear Karen!

Daisy said...

Hugs to you, Karen. I'm sure Caleb touched many lives. Lovely song.