Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wonderful Thanksgiving


I'm thankful my son and I had a safe trip from KC to Indiana and back, to see the family for Thanksgiving. They all seemed to enjoy my cooking. We had plenty of dessert, but the favorite was fudge brownies, which 4 year old Kaedyn helped to make!

It was snowing big flakes on Wednesday morning when we woke up - so beautiful to watch. The girls outlined their sliding glass doors with the Christmas cling-on decorations I brought, and we read some of their old favorite children's books.

We played Balderdash with the older girls and watched "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". I always cry when "Mary" holds the doll "Jesus" so lovingly, and realizes the true meaning of the Christmas story.

On the trip back, we stopped in St. Louis to see the National Geographic movie "Jerusalem".


4 comments :

Daisy said...

It sounds like you had a lovely family holiday. Fudge brownies would probably be my favorite dessert too. :)

Karen said...

Thank you, Daisy. I hope your family had a nice weekend, too.

Delvalina said...

I agree with Daisy that you have a lovely family. I adore your granddaughter she is beautiful and has beautiful name too :)
Thanks for sharing

Cathy said...

I'm glad you got to go and enjoyed visiting your family.