• That Jesus Christ be formed in our children (Galatians 4:19 My children, I am again suffering labor pains for you until Christ is formed in you.);
• That our children—the seed of the righteous—will be delivered from the evil one (see Proverbs 11:21, KJV; Matthew 6:13 Don’t allow us to be tempted. Instead, rescue us from the evil one.)
• That our children will be taught of the Lord and their peace will be great (see Isaiah 54:13All your children will be taught by the Lord, and your children will have unlimited peace.)
• That they will train themselves to discern good from evil and have a good conscience toward God (see Hebrews 5:14 You will never be able to eat solid spiritual food and understand the deeper things of God’s Word until you become better Christians and learn right from wrong by practicing doing right.; and 1 Peter 3:21);
• That God's laws will be in their minds and on their hearts (see Hebrews 8:10 ...I will put My laws into their minds, and I will write them on their hearts...)
• That they will choose companions who are wise—not fools, nor sexually immoral, nor drunkards, nor idolaters, nor slanderers, nor swindlers (see Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.; and 1 Corinthians 5:11);
• That they will remain sexually pure and keep themselves only for their spouse, asking God for His grace to keep such a commitment (see Ephesians 5:3,31-33);
• That they will honor their parents (see Ephesians 6:1-3).
From The Spiritual Warrior's Prayer Guide by Quin Sherrer and Ruthanne Garlock
Dutch Sheets has written an excellent post on the power of praying for our children.