Thursday, November 28, 2013

Peace Peace Wonderful Peace

Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial strains it unceasingly falls
O’er my soul like an infinite calm.

Peace, peace, wonderful peace,
Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray
In fathomless billows of love!

What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,
Buried deep in the heart of my soul,
So secure that no power can mine it away,
While the years of eternity roll!

Warren Cornell and George Cooper, 1889

7 comments :

Dianna said...

Very nice. Thank you for sharing, Karen.

Daisy said...

Lovely post, Karen! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Madge Bloom said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Happy Thanksgiving! ¤

Theresa said...

Peace, peace, wonderful peace:) Hugs to you dear Karen!

Joy said...

Wonderful words. Thanks for sharing. Calming my soul.

L. D. said...

We saw Vestal live at a very large auditorium in Des Moines. It was pitch dark and she sang about two to three words and the entire place stood to their feet. It was her first concert since she had lost her husband. She was so wonderful to hear.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, I am so thankful for His peace even in the eye of the storm. May we rejoice and let our lights shine for Him!
A young woman from our Church is here visiting from her internship for IHOP. It was so good to see her. I could see and sense God's glory all over her!
Blessings, Roxy

Blog Archive