Monday, November 25, 2013

Morning Light

Today would be my Dad's 91st birthday. He died in 1998. He served our country during WW2, and he never talked much about it until his later years.

I remember Daddy telling about being on guard duty in Europe during the war, and how dark and cold the nights were. He spoke of finishing his watch and thanking God to see the first light of dawn and to feel the warmth of a new day.

Daddy trusted in the Lord as a teenager, but he told me that when he was in battle, he promised the Lord if he lived, he would live for Jesus - and he did.

Psalm 130:6-7 "My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is lovingkindness and with Him is abundant redemption."

6 comments :

Dianna said...

What a treasure trove of stories I am sure he must have shared with you Karen, once he did begin talking about the war.

And I also wanted to mention that you blog background is so pretty!

Annesphamily said...

Karen how blessed you were with a wonderful dad. I miss mine who passed away in 1985, the year our first son was born. Thank you for this look into our dad and I am always so honored to know anyone who served our country. Thanks again Karen

Joy said...

Happy birthday to your father who is now with the Lord. Wonderful story:)
My father passed away 21 years ago. I still miss him.

Weekend-Windup said...

Happy birthday for your father.What a sweet memories of your father...

Delvalina said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! and I'm sure that he is a darling for you and inspiration for you too.
Thanks for sharing your stories, and also thanks for the prayer to my country, we need it!
May God bless you more in everything you do.
Love,
Delvalina

Stephanie said...

Oh what a precious story, dear Karen. Happy (belated) Birthday to your sweet dad who is now with our precious Lord. Blessings to you, friend!

Blog Archive