Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Labeled

I HATE scratchy labels that are sewn into the necks of my clothes! The first thing I do is cut them out before wearing a garment. I guess you can say I'm the sensitive type!

Our Bible study group leader was talking about getting rid of negative labels from our past. I thought about the kind of negative labels that people have given me over the years: in high school it was names like Beanpole and Bones. (not any more!)

"Negative labels? Rip them out!" our leader said.

Our Father God has some labels for us to wear: Beloved, Mighty Man of Valor, Bride of Christ, Intercessor, Fisher of Men, Ransomed, Precious, My Delight.

I don't mind those labels at all!

9 comments :

Dianna said...

Love your illustrations used here, Karen. I'm with you...I like the Lord's labels!

Patty Sumner said...

Love that analogy Karen. Do you mind if I use that as a possible study for the ladies in prison.. Just love it! Thanks for sharing.. Blessings!

Pam Williams said...

Great analogy, Karen. It really would make a great study, Patty Sumner!

Cranberry Morning said...

Great thought!

Blackberry Lane said...

Wonderful post. I was Weasel and toothpick!

L. D. said...

I really like the labels that God gives us. It is funny how the Creator of Heaven and Earth loves us so much and we let people stamp names on us and we allow it to hurt. I pray we all shed our old labels.

Nonnie said...

Beanpole and Skinny were mine and like you, nobody says that anymore. One of my favorite books is a Max Lucado book called You Are Special and it deals with labels people stick on us.

Karen said...

Nonnie, I remember that book. That was a good one!

Daisy said...

Great way to look at labels. Nice post. :)

Blog Archive