Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lily Flower

One Sunday morning at church, a friend told me as she was getting dressed, she asked the Lord, "Is there someone you especially want to bless through me today, Lord?"

The Lord impressed her: "There is a woman with brown hair who will be wearing blue. Tell her that I love her and to ME she is as beautiful as a lily flower."

As she was greeting me, she realized that person the Lord had in mind was me. (She did not know that lilies were special to me and that Lily Valley is the name of my blog.)

Our precious Lord has so lovingly done for us what we could never do for ourselves. He has cleansed us and made us pure in His sight.

If only we could see ourselves as God sees us: We were made to be loved by God.

In Jesus' prayer for believers, He said:
The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
John 17:22-23

9 comments :

Dianna said...

Don't you just love it when the Lord speaks so specifically to someone that they might be His instrument in bringing a little "I love you" from Him to you?

Your post is precious, Karen and I love the Scripture that you used.

living from glory to glory said...

You're being used I am sure of this!
But, I think it was so special to have a love note from Him through a willing sister.
Do you know what the flower Lily means?
As a child I just remember it being the most wonderful scent in the world!
Blessing Always, Roxy

Blackberry Lane said...

What a beautiful post.

Wanda said...

How precious that she listened to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. You were blessed, and she was blessed being the vessel.

Madge Bloom said...

What a beautiful story... and blessing!

Theresa said...

Precious! He sees our beauty when we can't see it ourselves:) Have a blessed day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

Pam Williams said...

Oh! How cool! I love it when God does stuff like this! What a blessing!

Daisy said...

Lovely story!

Joy said...

Wonderful sweet story. God is good:)

Blog Archive