Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gainfully Employed!

I have a part time job! I am now a nanny for a precious 5 month old girl. It is such a joy to see her smile and chuckle at my musical repertoire of  pat-a-cake and itsy bitsy spider. I guess I could put on my resume now that I "sing professionally"!

I am also making some wonderful friends in the Bible study and fellowship groups here. We will be involved in some outreaches this Fall that I am looking forward to. I'll have a chance to use some of the great recipes for the upcoming holidays many of you have posted. It is more fun cooking for a crowd than for just one!

You will enjoy visiting Dianna's new blog COOKING WITH THE MRS.

11 comments :

Dianna said...

Karen, I am happy to hear about all that is going on in your life right now! Isn't it wonderful how one can become attached to any aged child, but especially to a baby.

Grateful that you have also found wonderful friends in your Bible study and fellowship groups where you are. It is always heartening to be able to draw closer to people in settings like that.

And thank you, Karen, for sharing the link to my cooking blog. I am so honored that you would do that.

Karen said...

Thank you, Dianna. I like how your blog is set up with recipes in different categories. I also like the idea of freezing smaller portions for later, since I mainly cook for one now.

Beth said...

I am so happy that you found a part time job and that things are going well in your Bible Study!

S. Etole said...

My little grandson is six months old. How precious those little ones are.

Blackberry Lane said...

So happy for you. Enjoy the weekend.

btw, you will never be able to sing some songs as well as me...remember...."OH LOL

Daisy said...

Congratulations on your new job! That's great news!

KathyB. said...

What a blessing to be able to use your gift of love with a little one. I can't think of a better person to entrust my new baby with than you Karen. This is a win / win for all.

I am happy to read of your new life there working out so well. Our God is an awesome God !

Karen said...

Thank you, Kathy. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!

Denise said...

Congrats, so very happy for you.

Pam Williams said...

Sounds like a job I would love! Congratulations! Enjoy your little charge!
Blessings!
Pam
2 Encourage
In need of encouragement as a writer?
A to Z Devotions for Writers

Joy said...

Children are adorable to be with and so friends doing bible studies:)

Blog Archive