Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Behold the Beauty of the Lord

One thing I have asked from the Lord
that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord 
all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord
And to meditate in His temple.
Psalm 27:4

Sunday afternoons, a group of us head over the the nursing home for "church" in the cafeteria. Our friends there love to sing the old hymns. We continued to sing for about thirty minutes last Sunday - At the Cross, Sweetly Lord Have We Heard Thee Calling, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms...
They sang with such enthusiasm, it sounded like the Heavenly Choir had joined in. What a wonderful time we had worshiping Jesus, reading God's Word, sharing stories and praying for each other. 

8 comments :

Cathy said...

Aw, that is so sweet. I know you were a blessing.

Beth said...

That was such a wonderful thing to do. Bless you!

Stephanie said...

What a precious ministry :) I hope your week is going well. Hugs!

Dianna said...

I love it when folks in a nursing home join in with enthusiasm. I spent two weeks in one two years ago for rehab after two surgeries I had. That was such a good experience for me...gave me a totally different perspective on what those there go through on a daily basis. I'm glad that you and your group from church were able to spend some time encouraging these folks with song.

Blackberry Lane said...

I know that you all are a blessing to them as they are to you.

Daisy said...

It's wonderful that you visit the nursing home for a worship service. I'm sure they are blessed by your visit.

Delvalina said...

I love the moments just like you describe when some people sing and we are connected to heaven. Just beautiful.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Theresa said...

The old hymns are just the best:) Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Blog Archive