Saturday, September 7, 2013

Trust and Obey

God, teach me lessons for living
so I can stay the course.
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me—
my whole life one long, obedient response.
Psalm 119:33 Message

I think the older I get, the more I realize that life is about the little things. Doing some small thing for others that will never make headlines or even be acknowledged. Sometimes, I think God is whispering to me, do this, or do that, and I argue, "Oh, what does it matter", or "Somebody else will do it."

Like last night - I went to a fellowship dinner and I noticed there was a puddle of water spilled in the tile hallway. There was that small voice that said, "You wipe it up." This time I listened.

The next person that entered the door was a man who is totally blind walking with his cane.

Made me think about how the Lord has put it in so many people's hearts to show kindness to me!

Lord, 
Help me to trust Your voice and obey.

I've had this song on my mind lately:

10 comments :

Beth said...

A beautiful post! I am so glad you wiped up the puddle of water before the blind gentleman happened along.

Have a Blessed day Karen!

Nonnie said...

You're listening to Him. That's what matters.
Little is much when God is in it.
Blessings.

Delvalina said...

This is so beautiful...you talked about the little things here. :)

It's so true. I love being simple and impact, and not trying to put our energy to be perfect but listen Him and obeying Him is just simply beautiful worship we do.

He is glorious. Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy said...

You're right! The little things DO matter. I delight in doing little things when I have the opportunity.

Doniene said...

God so loves that we hear Him!! Thanks for sharing that story!! It is priceless!!

Blessings

Blackberry Lane said...

What a sweet share and I love the video. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Denise said...

Amen.

Joy said...

Being obedient in small and big things. Amen to that

Stephanie said...

What a wonderful story! Oh how important it is to listen to the gentle leading of our Lord. Have a great week. Hugs!

Daisy said...

I remember a hymn we used to sing in church called "Trust and Obey." It is one I always liked. Nice post! An act of kindness is always worthwhile, I think. :)

Blog Archive