Sunday, September 8, 2013

Missing the Grandkids


I am enjoying my new home here in KC, but I do miss the grandkids so much. They keep in touch by email and cell phone. The little one is in preschool this year. She wanted me to know that she got to be the "main monkey" in her class for a day. (That is what we used to call  teacher's helper.)

I had to send her this pic of the monkey that stands beside the highway near us inviting people to the fireworks store.  (Mildred, do I recall my brother-in-law having some pants just like these =)


10 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

I love the main monkey story. Yes, I think these are John's monkey pants!

Nalley said...

it looks like : 1)Ken White has followed you 2) Michigan's Maise & Blue pants & that's about how big they feel after beating up Notre Dame or 3) you got a new outfit.

Karen said...

HA HA!

Joy said...

Sweet story:)

Doniene said...

"Funny Monkey"!!! Isn't technology wonderful for keeping in touch!

Blessings

Theresa said...

Oh how fun! I can just see John in those MONKEY pants:) You will just make trips to visit like I do for my out-of-town grandkiddos! Have a blessed week dear Karen, HUGS!

Daisy said...

I'm sure it is hard to be away from your grandkids. I bet they are missing you too. I'm glad you can still stay in touch with them in other ways though. Hope you will be able to see them again before long.

Deb said...

Hello - coming to visit from your sister's blog....I can so relate. I miss my grandkids too. One set lives in California and will soon be moving to Maryland. Another set is up in Utah. I live in Arizona. So glad you keep in touch frequently. I have been looking at your past posts and I sure do enjoy what you write. I loved the story about you wiping up the water on the floor just before the blind man walked in. Thanks so sharing your positive blog!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Karen! It's nice to meet you! Twyla

Denise said...

This post made me smile.

Blog Archive