Sunday, August 25, 2013

Praying for Egypt

I had the awesome privilege of hearing some pastors from Egypt speak at a gathering here. Even though they were sad for the violence and loss of life in Egypt, they brought a message of great hope. They told about thousands who are giving their lives to Jesus Christ in the midst of suffering. They told of persecuted Christians becoming even bolder in sharing the love of the Savior.

Everyone in the congregation joined hands in prayer and prayed that the Word of God will continue to go forth in power in that whole region.

As I was praying early this morning, I ran across a link I had saved to a post at
from one year ago. What a prophetic and uplifting word for the times in which we live!

4 comments :

Daisy said...

It is amazing the things that can happen in the middle of all that suffering.

wordglow said...

Thank you for your words about my devotion post. His word is truly powerful, and the words I added came out of my prayer time... so your thoughts here minister to me today that He truly was in them. Blessings to your Sunday! Pam, apples of gold, http://wordglow.wordpress.com

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing.

Delvalina said...

Thank you for reminding me Karen.
I heard the news most on TV here I should bow my knee and praying.

Lovr,
Delvalina

Blog Archive