Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Prayer for Our Troops

I just read Lt. Gen. Wm. G. Boykin's autobiography Never Surrender. He is near my age and was involved in so many of the conflicts that I remember. It made me appreciate even more the men and women who serve our country.

Especially during times of national crisis and terror alerts, I pray for those who protect us at the risk of their own lives.

I thought of David's prayer:

O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.

Psalm 3:1-5

4 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

As I listen to the news, our country seems to be at terrible risk in these days. This is a lovely prayer that you have shared.

Lynda said...

I read "Unbroken" by Hilldebrant this summer and felt the same way you did. We need to be more thankful than we sometimes are for what they have done and continue to do for us.

Daisy said...

God is our great Protector. :)

Denise said...

Powerful.