Monday, August 5, 2013

Light and Life

The way of the righteous
is like the first gleam of dawn, 
which shines ever brighter
until the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18

My son was telling me about hearing missionaries who serve in a nation that is hostile to the gospel of Jesus Christ. They said many there are hearing the Word of God and placing their faith in Jesus Christ, knowing they are surrendering all and putting their very lives in danger. Yet these new believers are quickly becoming bold witnesses and leaders in the underground churches. 

Now Christ Jesus has come
to show us the kindness of God. 
Christ our Savior
defeated death and brought us the good news. 
It shines like a light
and offers life that never ends.
2 Timothy 1:10

6 comments :

Daisy said...

It's hard to imagine living in places like that. Make me realize just how lucky we are.

Denise said...

We are truly blessed.

Joy said...

Yes! Admirable. So if they are bold as a lion, we should be too. God's courage in us:)

Blackberry Lane said...

A thought provoking post.

KathyB. said...

One of my nephews and his family ( wife & 3 kids) is a missionary living in Kenya and we are seeking prayers for their protection in this time of anti-American and anti-Christian hostilities. I think this has always been the state of affairs for any serving Jesus though, because spreading the good news is dangerous to the enemy. Thank-you Karen.

Lynda said...

I think my faith is strong but I don't think it is strong or bold enough for the places some missionaries are serving. I am ashamed to say that but it is true.