Saturday, August 10, 2013

Carried On Eagle's Wings

credit

God carried you on eagle's wings and brought you to Himself.

based on Exodus 19:4

But those who wait for the Lord
[who expect, look for, and hope in Him]
shall change and renew their strength and power;
they shall lift their wings and mount up
close to God
as eagles [mount up to the sun];
they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

Isaiah 40:31 Amplified


Eagles soar up to 10,000 feet - much higher than most birds.
When their enemies look for them,
they are looking into the dazzling light of the sun.

Father God,
May we draw so close to you that our enemies are blinded by Your glory!

My son Cameron and I attended a gathering this weekend where Dutch Sheets was the speaker. His text was Isaiah 40:31. As believers in Christ, we can be encouraged that in spite of the taunts of the enemy, the people of God will be victorious. We will rise on the wings of eagles.

8 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

I love this passage. Wishing you a blessed Sunday.

Joy said...

Amen. We will fly like the eagles above our enemies!

Daisy said...

This is an encouraging and uplifting post, Karen. Thank you. I hope you have a nice Sunday.

Denise said...

Amen, so encouraging.

Nonnie said...

One of my very favorite passages. Thanks for the encouraging words.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, I really like Dutch Sheets. He is a good friend with my Pastor here in Co. When he came and spoke at our church many years ago it was so good. It seems the key is waiting and seeking His Presence in all things. May you be blessed this week and growing in His love!
Always, Roxy

Doris said...

This passage has been a favorite of mine for a long time. It's been a comfort through some tough times!

Lynda said...

Definitely one of my favorite passages. I may have told you that I did a study on eagles once - - - fascinating!!

Blog Archive