Friday, July 12, 2013

The Night Shines as the Day

Years ago, we hosted a party for families from church who also had young children. After supper, the kids went upstairs to play games, while we gathered in the living room to chat. 

A sudden storm blew in with a big crash of thunder and the lights went out on our street. The kids were screaming as they made their way down the stairs to their parents' waiting arms. Soon the storm blew over, and we walked out on the porch to see hundreds of fireflies lighting up the yard. We all had to laugh at God's "emergency back-up lighting"!

I thought about that night the next time I read:
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
Psalm 139:11-12

6 comments :

Doniene said...

I so enjoy your insights and anecdotes! So thought provoking!

Blessings

Denise said...

You always refresh my soul.

NanaDiana said...

what a great story, Karen...and how nicely you tied it in with that Psalm. xo Diana

Annesphamily said...

Karen what a lovely and insightful post! I love how you wrote this story out. No matter what we are up to, God always a has a plan for us! Thanks for this wonderful share.

Beth said...

I always feel better after I read one of your posts!

Nonnie said...

:-) God has it all covered, doesn't He? I like this story.

Blog Archive