Thursday, July 11, 2013

Make Yourself at Home


Years ago, I had a dream that I went to God's house. It was a normal house and He looked like a kind grandpa. He invited all who came to get a plate of food from the kitchen and have a seat at His table. He seemed to delight in listening to the conversation about everyday things.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to know that we are "family". He wants His children to gather around His table and have a conversation with Him.

You serve me a six-course dinner
right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
my cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
for the rest of my life.
Psalm 23:5-6 Message

7 comments :

Vilisi said...

This is beautiful Karen. I love that God loves listening to our conversations about everyday things.There's something so wonderful and wholesome about families sitting around a table enjoying good food and conversations.Blessings to you and your family. :)

Delvalina said...

It's beautiful dream. I love things when you describe His house. It's true...His presence is very inviting.

Hope you have wonderful day.

Thanks for sharing.

Delvalina

Daisy said...

There's no place like home. :)

Nonnie said...

And I'm so looking forward to being there. In the meantime, isn't it wonderful that His Spirit dwells in us now?

Joy said...

Amen dear. Best place we could ever be:)

Denise said...

Home sweet home my friend.

Lynda said...

He really does want us to talk with Him as a friend - - while still being in Awe of Him!

Blog Archive