Sunday, July 28, 2013

God Is Holding Onto You

You are asking, seeking, knocking...questioning the Lord about something in your life, and then it seems that you hear a sermon, read an article, get an email, or have a conversation, and they all relate to the question.... and give you the same answer!

I know there are times when a Bible verse or passage "comes to life" for me, but I believe God confirms His Word in these other ways, too. Of course, I have to be careful not to depend on circumstances alone. I need to see if something lines up with the Truth of Scriptures.

I have also have had a scripture verse, a song, or a "picture" that I couldn't get off my mind and then the Holy Spirit tells me to share it with the next person I get to pray with, and it means a lot to them.

Once, in my quiet time, God reminded me of living in Atlanta when my children were small. I learned the hard way NOT to depend on young children to keep their eyes on me in a busy parking lot or shopping mall. I started holding onto their forearms instead of letting them hold my hands.

The very next day, I was asked to pray with a person, and the Holy Spirit urged me to share that story...that God is like that with His children. He doesn't depend on us to always keep our eyes on Him or to hold onto Him. Instead, He holds onto us. The person told me that her main fear was that God would take His hand off her life if she made mistakes.
 God promises:

I am the Lord your God 
 who takes hold of your right hand 
and says to you,
 Do not fear;  
I will help you.
Isaiah 41:13 NIV

Isn't God good?

11 comments :

Pam Williams said...

Yes, God is good! Thank you so much for the story you shared about your children in the parking lot. The image of God holding on to me like that, guiding me on the right path, is just what I needed this morning.

Blackberry Lane said...

A beautiful post. God bless you today!

L. D. said...

A wonderful post. Sometimes the situations or ones feelings just get in the way but God.....is still there.

Pamela said...

Oh yes...over and over He is good. I've experienced the repetition a truth. It happens often as God's way to seal the truth to us.

Annesphamily said...

God is very good to us! Often we don't see it. He seems to be there holding us up when we need it the most. Good words today. Thanks for your share.

Doniene said...

Indeed He IS!!! Thank you for sharing these thoughts today!!

Blessings

Daisy said...

Wonderful post, Karen! So reassuring to be reminded that God is always looking out for us.

Jess said...

GOD's Faithfulness is amazing!
Praising HIM for HIS goodness.

Denise said...

God is so very good.

Wanda said...

Oh how freeing it is not to depend upon on our efforts to hang onto God.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful post and precious Scripture! It's always a blessing to visit your blog.

Hugs!

Blog Archive