Friday, July 5, 2013

Creatures Great and Small

Chiggers, ticks, lightning bugs, June bugs, bumble bees, mosquitoes, and armies of tiny ants. Yes, summer is officially here! And there are kids everywhere you look.

My brother's two kids are close in age to my first two.  He would call and tell Carl and Kathren, "The swimming pool opens today. I'm sure your Mother would want to know." Then I ended up taking the four of them!

But to you young parents: Enjoy these summer days. Kids don't stay little very long! We only have a few years to encourage their wonder and love for learning about God's creation.

I'll let you in on the sweet old truths,
Stories we heard from our fathers,
counsel we learned at our mother's knee.
We're not keeping this to ourselves,
we're passing it along to the next generation—
God's fame and fortune,
the marvelous things he has done.
Psalm 78:2-4 Message

10 comments :

Ceil said...

Hi Karen! I remember when I would take my kids to the park...older Moms would come up to me and tell me to enjoy it now, because it goes so fast.

I remember thinking 'It does not!!" But they were right, and so are you. I should stay in the moment wherever I am.

Great thoughts for today :)

Happy Friday!
Ceil

Esther Joy said...

Amen! We just took our grandson with us on vacation to the Black Hills and Yellowstone, spending as much time with him as possible before he leaves home. ...He's 18, and wants to join the Air Force.

Joy said...

Summer is fun although the insects roams around. Enjoy!

Daisy said...

I have a lot of great memories of summer days with my kids. :)

NanaDiana said...

You are so right, Karen. You need to grab the moment or it is gone forever. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Doris said...

We have all the bugs - eww. But it's part of the hot summertime. We have so many fun memories of summers with the kids. They do go by so fast! Now I must be intentional about making memories with the Grands! How much fun that is!!
Enjoy your evening, Karen!

Denise said...

enjoyed this post.

Lynda said...

Time with our children does fly by way too quickly and I am finding the same thing is true with our grandson. I remember that we got to take turns spending some time with our grandparents in the summer. She took us swimming at the river everyday!

KathyB. said...

So true, and don't we know it !

Swimming in the summer heat, swatting flies & mosquitos as we enjoy picnics with our young ones who grow up too quickly, and that includes grandchildren too. I wonder if we'll picnic in Heaven ,surely there won't be flies & mosquitos there, but I am hoping to see fireflies !

Nonnie said...

We are trying our best to soak up every opportunity to send ith our grand kids. Thanks for this post. Wishing chiggers weren't part of the memories!! ;-)

Blog Archive