Monday, July 15, 2013

Brand New

When I think of Grandma, I usually picture her at the sewing machine in her cozy den, scraps and strings littering the floor under her feet. She was quick as lightning as she sewed for people in town.

I remember a lady who brought her a dress that had been torn, and she said, "I'd rather make you a new dress than try to repair a tear. It will never be 'right'"!

When I gave my sinful broken heart to God, I am glad that He didn't just patch me up. His Word says that when we come to Him, He makes us "right" with Him.  We become born again - brand new.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV


9 comments :

Daisy said...

I love this analogy, Karen. So true! I hope you have a nice week.

Blackberry Lane said...

I love this analogy, too. A beautiful post.

Nonnie said...

That is beautiful and it also reminded me of what Jesus said about not putting a new patch on an old garment.

Denise said...

Awww, love this.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Karen, Really a funny thought as to how hard doing homework would be with no computer. I think maybe in a way it was easier. I enjoyed your last couple of posts! Hope you're enjoying your summer.
Blessings, Roxy

Doris said...

Thank you, Jesus, for a new heart and not just a repair of the old! Blessings to you, Karen, enjoy your day!

Delvalina said...

I alway love your post Karen it always simple but penetrate to my heart and mind.

Thank you for being blessing.

Delvalina.

Come to my blog I have giveaway! :)

Jess said...

Amen! And because HE has given us a new heart we are able to love others in new ways! It's been a while since I've visited Blogland.
Always a blessing to check in on you my friend!
GOD bless you and yours richly~
Jess

L. D. said...

What a great comparison. In many ways receiving all new is so much better than trying to fix the old life.

Blog Archive