Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What Does Your Daddy Do?

When I was a child, a question I was often asked was, "What does your Daddy do?"

Well, for years, our Dad was a mechanic on the city buses in Atlanta. From going out on service calls to repair disabled buses, he came to know the city streets like the back of his hand. When I grew up and began to drive downtown, I knew I could call Daddy for directions to anywhere in Atlanta.

As children of God, we need to know exactly what it is that our Father does. We also need to be CONFIDENT that He is on our side and He will help us when we call.

What does my Heavenly Father do? He's a doctor, a lawyer, a righteous judge, a builder, a warrior, a singer/dancer, first responder, counselor and best friend - just to name a few!

He knows which way I should go. His perfect love casts out fear. It is the only thing that does.

And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left. Isaiah 20:21

6 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

Thank you for this post this a.m. God bless you today.

Nonnie said...

This post makes me smile. I love it and I love my Father. Everything He does is right, and there is nothing He can't do.

Lynda said...

Great illustration for a spiritual teaching and it also tells us a little bit more about you. My husband and son-in-law are the one in our families to give directions to us women.

Daisy said...

Wonderful post, Karen! I hope you are having a great week. :)

Denise said...

Really like this.

Delvalina said...

We are very proud daughters :)

This post is beautiful, and simple.

Hope you're well my friend.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Blog Archive