Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Pearl of Great Price

“The kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,  who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it. Matthew 13:45-46 

I never quite understood the meaning of the parable of the pearl of great price. I knew it had to do with our salvation through Jesus Christ....Then recently, I "got it": The most valuable treasure of all is
God's presence in my life.

When my son died, I felt the presence of God so strongly that I could smell a sweet fragrance.

No matter what else we lose, no matter what trials we face, no one can take away the presence of God.

What else could be so precious?

8 comments :

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Nothing else can compare!

Denise said...

This really blessed me, thanks.

Delvalina said...

Beautiful and simple post. Very touching :)
When I am hunger and thirsty of Him it will easily draw me close to Him.

Blessing for you sister. Been praying for you.

Delvalina

Vilisi said...

Karen this is so true. Thank you for sharing this great truth and giving me a better understanding of the scripture. When all else is gone, the only thing that remains is our relationship with God and His very presence in our lives. We will see our loved ones again but oh how awful if we lose God's presence in our lives. I'm so glad He has us in the palm of his hands!

Nonnie said...

Nothing. He IS the Treasure. Thanks for sharing. So beautiful.

Daisy said...

Most precious indeed, yes!

Blackberry Lane said...

Thank you for sharing this today.

Lynda said...

The picture of the pearls is beautiful - - - great illustration for the Scripture and your testimony. I love your blog's new look!

Blog Archive