Friday, June 7, 2013

The Big Wheel Story

Once years ago, I left our two-year old Cameron in the care of his dad on a Saturday to go to the grocery. Well, Dad got busy repairing the lawn mower and assumed a two year old would know to stay close by. (Wrong) I was driving up our dead end street when I spied my son on his Big Wheel going down the middle of the street. I stopped the car and sprinted after him.

I asked him why he would ride his Big Wheel in the middle of the street?! He carefully thought it over and said, "I just 'cided to."

Now (thankfully) this child is a grown man. Once he shared at his Bible study group about how many times we start out to follow the Lord, but then we get worried that things aren't going to work out according to OUR plans or OUR timing, and we foolishly DECIDE to do it our own way.

Well, to finish the toddler story - a day or two after the Big Wheel incident, we were going for our afternoon walk and we saw a turtle that had been run over by a car. Sadly, I pointed it out to my son, and said, "Now do you understand why Mom was so upset when you were in the street?"

"Yes," he said, "Because a turtle might get me."

7 comments :

Blackberry Lane (Mildred) said...

Thanks for the giggles first thing this a.m. I love this story.

NanaDiana said...

LOL, Karen- That is so funny. xo Diana

Daisy said...

Hahaha! What a great story! :)

Lady Jane said...

Great story Karen... Love the analogy...

Lynda said...

That is funny! Kids see things so much differently than we do, don't they? I remind parents frequently to write things down because they probably will forget them as the children grow. Some things are tooooo good to forget!

Denise said...

Thanks for the smile.

Pam Williams said...

Kids STILL say the darndest things! Lovin' your blog. Stopped by on Wanda Ward's recommendation. Glad I did!
Blessings!
Pam at 2 Encourage

Blog Archive