Monday, June 24, 2013

ROAR

When I was six years old, our class took a field trip on the bus to Grant Park Zoo in Atlanta. I was excited on my first trip to the zoo and I ran ahead of my class and entered the Lion House. Back then, the lions were housed in small cages. I walked right up to the bars of the cage, and the full-grown male lion let out a ROAR that echoed through that stone building. I will never forget that deafening sound or the feeling of fear!

Sometimes, we face circumstances where we are afraid to stand up and do what we know is right. God gave me a picture that if I would stop running away from problems and stand up and face fear, that a hundred angels would stand up with me. Even better than that, my Savior Jesus stands with me, and He is the Lion of the tribe of Judah!

Judah means PRAISE. Even when I feel uncertain, as I begin to praise, with my small voice, I have a Heavenly Choir of back-up singers.

5 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

Wonderful post. Wishing you a nice week.

NanaDiana said...

I bet that left an impression of fear that stayed deep in you all these years. Wonderful story and message here-xo Diana

Daisy said...

Great post, Karen! It's reassuring knowing Christ is there for us when we are afraid.

Lynda said...

You definitely have a visual and auditory picture of Satan in I Peter 5:8. But interestingly enough, in Revelation 5:5, we have the Lord shown as a Lion, too.

Denise said...

I am here roaring with you my friend.

Blog Archive