Sunday, June 23, 2013

Refuge

We can rest in the fact that God has spent our whole lifetime preparing us for the days in which we are living. Jesus tells us we need not panic in the midst of worldwide turmoil.

Instead of looking for a place of refuge in the storm, God wants us to BE ONE!

People will have needs in the coming months and years that He will enable us as Christians to meet. When people start asking us how they can know the Savior, we need to be prepared to answer them. People will be watching us to see how we handle crisis and loss. Not only will we make it through, but God will enlarge our sphere of influence.

I'm sure you can remember some older saint that you knew who had deep abiding joy, hope, and peace in the middle of adversity. Only Christ gives us a peace that the world cannot give and the world cannot take away.

God speaks to us through the prophet Isaiah...
You who have been borne by Me from your birth, carried from the womb; Even to your old age I am He, and even to hair white with age will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; yes, I will carry and will save you. Isaiah 46:3-4

6 comments :

Delvalina said...

Thank you...
Thank you...
Thank you so much Karen!
I have needed this.
A beautiful reminder for me to not worry and panic.


Been praying for you.
Blessing,
Delvalina

Ceil said...

I loved two of your points...that we should be the port in the storm instead of looking for one (so true) and that even if I have gray hair, I am still precious.

I may be middle aged, but should be carry, because he carries me!

Peace in Christ,
Ceil

L. D. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I was needing to hear this all week.

Daisy said...

Very comforting post! :-)

Denise said...

Needed this, thanks.

Blackberry Lane said...

Thanks for sharing this.

Blog Archive