Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jeremiah 33:3

I often hear Jeremiah 33:3 quoted, but I sometimes forget that God said this to Jeremiah while he was still a prisoner.

While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the Lord gave him this second message: “This is what the Lord says—the Lord who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the Lord:  

Ask me 
and I will tell you remarkable secrets 
you do not know 
about things to come.

Father God,

You know all that lies ahead, and all that You are working out even now for Your kingdom and for our good.
May we have ears to hear your Voice, and eyes to see how You see those around us. 

Eyes that find the good in things
When good is not around
Eyes that find the source of help, 
When help just can't be found
Eyes full of compassion, seein' every pain
Knowing what you're going through, 
And feelin' it the same 

8 comments :

Blackberry Lane said...

So beautiful.

Doris said...

I love that song by Amy Grant. Thank you for your encouraging words to me this morning, Karen!

Lynda said...

Referring to Jeremiah - - and to our lives - - God is so good to give us words of encouragement when we need them most.

Delvalina said...

One of my favorite verse!

:) beautiful prayer and simple with lovely song. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you have beautiful day.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Nonnie said...

Speaking as one who has been in the pit, I love this Scripture. And love the song. Blessings to you.

Denise said...

Lovely.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, What a wise and powerful word concerning this portion of scripture. I just read your last few posts, I needed to catch up with them.
I can only imagine the strength in the lions roar you heard as a child. And yes are Daddy does all things well.
Blessings, Roxy

Ceil said...

Hi Karen! Stories of faith are always so inspiring, aren't they? Thank you for sharing Jeremiah's situation and prayer with us.

I hope that I can have that strong faith when I feel like I am 'in prison.'

Peace in Christ,
Ceil

Blog Archive