Friday, June 7, 2013

Holy Boldness

I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.  Philippians 1:20

I praised God when saw a news report about a valedictorian, Roy Costner IV, who discarded the school board "approved" speech he was to give at graduation ( after all prayer was banned as to not offend the atheists) and expressed his thanks to God for his Christian parents. Then he quoted the Lord's Prayer from Matthew 6:9-13.
 
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom 
and the power and the glory forever. 
Amen.

3 comments :

Daisy said...

I saw that video too. Good for him!

Denise said...

Awesome.

Lynda said...

I did not see that video but LOVE hearing this testimony!

Blog Archive