Saturday, June 1, 2013

Encouraging Word

I was reading back through some of my prayer journals. This is what the Lord impressed on me back in 2009 during my quiet time:

You cannot live in the past or the future, but when you do look back, you see that I have been FOR YOU, never AGAINST YOU! In every storm you have weathered, NOTHING has ever snatched you out of My hand.

Don't get sucked into worldly sorrow over lost jobs, houses, cars or things. Many are having to downsize. Your family is not the only one. There is a pruning process right now, not because you have done anything wrong, but because I am preparing you for greater fruitfulness in the next season. Realize that I have hidden riches in secret places tucked away for you.

If only you knew how very soon you would stand before me in glory and bask in the light of My presence, you would not waste a moment in worry and frustration now.

I am exalted. Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool. I am Victorious. Satan is under my feet. He bruised My heel, but I crushed his head.

How very rich you are, My child. You have ME. There are entire nations of people who have never heard of Me, never heard a scripture promise, or a worship song, have never been shown the love of Christ, or seen the power of Holy Spirit.

Your tank is full and overflowing. Start your engine! Get going.

Give your grown children to ME. I am their God as much as I am yours. I will care for them. I will also enlarge their borders.

Debt and worry, obligation and feeling responsible for "everybody" is not my plan for you. Take my burden upon you. My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

I have called you "friend". I have called you to walk alongside Me, arm in arm. Why would you want to do anything else?

11 comments :

Beth said...

Thank you for this post Karen. It lifted my spirit.

Maple Lane said...

Thank you for sharing these promising and reassuring words.

Dorothy said...

Karen, this reminded me of the daliey devotionals in the "Jesus Calling" book. Wishing you many blessings for a peaceful weekend.

Joy said...

Very uplifting, heartwarming and isnpiring post. Thanks Karen. Timely post:)

Denise said...

You greatly encourage.

NanaDiana said...

Karen- Those old journal entries are as relative today as they were the moment you wrote them. Thanks for sharing them here- xo Diana

living from glory to glory said...

I know He has spoken to you and He is still speaking. I am thankful that you have ears to hear!
Blessings, Roxy

Wanda said...

Karen, I appreciate you sharing these precious words.

Daisy said...

Very uplifting! Happy Sunday to you, Karen. :)

Lynda said...

WOW! Preach it, Sister! Those are wonderful words.

Pam Williams said...

So many wonderful truths to hold on to! Thank you for sharing them with us!
Blessings!
Pam at 2 Encourage

Blog Archive