Friday, May 3, 2013

Well Water

At our childhood home on Roswell Street there was a well right beside the screened porch, but Daddy had filled it in with dirt when we were little so we wouldn't fall in. Once we came running into the kitchen after playing ball on the vacant lot between us and our neighbor's house, when we realized the city had turned off the water for maintenance. Our neighbor Mrs. Brady hollered and invited us to come draw water from her well. How good that water tasted on a hot afternoon to a bunch of thirsty kids.

I pictured a dipper of cold water when I read from Isaiah today.

Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation.
 
Therefore with joy you will draw water
From the wells of salvation.

And in that day you will say:
“Praise the Lord, call upon His name;
Declare His deeds among the peoples,
Make mention that His name is exalted."
Isaiah 12:2-4 NKJ 

Father God, 

Refresh us with Your Word as we look to you today to supply every need. Satisfy us with Your goodness. Thank you for refreshing me through the encouragement and prayers of others.


 

7 comments :

Denise said...

So refreshing, bless you.

Daisy said...

His Word does refresh and fill us. Such a comfort.

Terri D. said...

Your posts always refresh me! I don't always comment, but I am reading. Thank you!

Maple Lane said...

What a blessing this post is today. Thank you

Wanda said...

We had a well and pump when I was a little girl. It was good water!

Beth said...

a lovely post today!

Lynda said...

My paternal grandparents had a pump at their house for a well. We loved playing with it during the summer months!

Blog Archive