Saturday, May 4, 2013

Supernatural Glow

As prom draws near, the high school girls are making appointments at the beauty salons and tanning beds. Before the days of tanning beds and spray-on tans, my pasty white friends and I used to get together and lay out in the sun to get a "healthy glow".

When my daughter went to a small Christian high school, the prom was held in the church gym, and the parents and grandparents would stand in the parking lot and cheer and clap as the couples arrived in their finery.

Well, there's no chance that I'll be going to the senior prom this year -- even though I am more "SENIOR" than ever :) But God invites me: "Keep your beauty appointments with me. Bask in the light of My presence. From that quiet place, you will go out with joy."

For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills 
will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field 
will clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12 NASB




10 comments :

Cherie said...

What a wonderful warm thought. Im going to to sit out on the front porch with the Lord for a bit. Thanks for the prompting. I pray to our Father that you have a blessed week filled with wisdom.
Cherie

Andrea said...

Hope you have a beautiful day.
Blessings, andrea

RCUBEs said...

The beauty that this world dictates are so far from the meaning of beauty we find from knowing Christ! The inner beauty is the true beauty and He alone brings that change! Great reminder! God bless.

Denise said...

I agree, enjoy His beauty.

Karen said...

My fair skinned self remembers laying out...and burning!

Much rather have the glow of the Lord...

Love the Selah song you have playing....

Maple Lane said...

I love this post, Karen. Wishing you a delightful Sunday.

LuAnn Braley said...

The most expensive, involved treatments at the best salons pale in comparison to the soul-filling beauty imparted by God.

Laura Rath said...

"Bask in the light of My presence." - that is so comforting and inviting!

Visiting today from Spiritual Sundays.

Blessings,
Laura

Ruth said...

I love the imagery of God's nature clapping for us, as we go forth from his presence. Senioring with you...

Pamela said...

My Christian school frowned on dancing so they had a banquet which was a prom without dancing. ;-) I was 15 when I went with my now husband and after 37 years we're still together! I think the trees have clapped their hands over our love for each other--and for God.

Blog Archive